• The Stuff You Need to Know RSS Feed

by Published on 07-11-2017 02:08 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Cell Phones

It's been a while since we talked about cellular signal boosters at The Solid Signal Podcast. They're more important than ever, and we've made it easy for you to find the one you want! Check out our new informational page at weBoost Cellular Boosters for Home, Office and On The Road - Solid Signal

Listen to the podcast your way! Just choose one of the following:
    Option 1: Click on the image above to stream the podcast in your browser.
    Option 2 Search iTunes for "Solid Signal" (click here if you have iTunes on this device)
    Option 3: Click here to download the podcast in MP3 format.
    Option 4: Paste the following link into your favorite podcast program: forums.solidsignal.com/podcasts/solidsignal.xml
    by Published on 07-11-2017 10:56 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Cell Phones

It's crystal clear.

Buying a cellular booster has never been easier with our new online resource. For the first time ever, we're featuring every popular weBoost cellular booster on one page, with quick comparisons and easy ways to learn more. Our easy-to-use online guide even lets you add products to your cart at SolidSignal.com right from the page!

I'm a firm believer that every home and office should have a cellular booster. Our phones are our most important possessions... most people would rather lose a piece of jewelry or an article of clothing than be out of touch for any length of time. And yet, 90% of vehicles, homes and offices have some sort of problem with cell reception. A cell booster fixes that problem instantly and it's much more affordable than you think!

Take a look at our guide to weBoost Cellular Signal Boosters!
    by Published on 07-10-2017 11:51 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Cell Phones
    Article Preview

Because, one size does not fit all. When you buy a cellular signal booster like the weBoost Home 3G, it's going to make a big difference. You could go from one bar to five bars almost instantly. But of course, a lot of your success comes from choosing the right ...
    by Published on 07-10-2017 10:44 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Data/Networks
    Article Preview

The first thing you need to know is, it's all VOIP. VOIP means "voice over internet protocol" or more commonly, it's just called "voice over IP." It means, using the internet to make phone calls.

This doesn't just mean things like Facebook Messenger and Skype. The truth ...
    by Published on 07-10-2017 10:12 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Satellite,
    3. Data/Networks
    Article Preview

Rumors have been swirling that Amazon is interested in buying or absorbing DISH. Of course there are rumors like this all the time, but this one has me thinking. Honestly, it could be a good fit.

First of all let's admit that Amazon has just buttloads and buttloads of money. This is something ...
    by Published on 07-09-2017 01:28 PM

One bad review can ruin your whole day. We do our best to take care of our customers and we know that an awful lot of you leave satisfied. We have one of the best returning customer rates in the business, and we know that it's important to earn every sale.

We would love to say that just earning your business is all we need. Unfortunately we get sidetracked when people go on review sites and badmouth us for sport. We'd like to be able to please everyone, and when we don't, we usually have meetings talking about how we can improve.

The bottom line is that we try to earn every positive review and we hate seeing every negative review. Review sites help people make up their minds about us and we just don't want people getting the wrong impression.

What makes matters worse is that negative reviews don't always come from bad experiences. We've all seen those reviews from "trolls" who just love to spread fear, uncertainty and doubt. Some of them aren't even real customers, they just like the power that comes with saying negative things. The only way we can combat them is to let our happy customers tell the real story! Will you help us do that?

Have you, our loyal customers, considered writing a review? There are plenty of sites that let you leave reviews. Our own web site lets you review any product, whether you've bought it or not, and one of the most popular sites for reviews is Facebook of course. Why not take a moment and share your positive experiences with everyone in the world? You can even be anonymous. When you tell everyone about the good service, good prices and good value you got, plus all the free documentation and tech support, it helps drive more business and that in turn helps us serve all our customers better.

You might also get a request for a review if you've bought something from us. We partner with established "reputation management" companies to try to get the true story of what our customers are thinking about us. If you do get an email like that, let us know, good or bad!

Sincerely, we are grateful for every opportunity to earn every sale and we're glad you're all here.
    by Published on 07-09-2017 12:48 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Satellite
    Article Preview

Eventually everything ends, so I'm sure at some point satellite TV, at least DIRECTV, will end. But folks, it's not coming anytime soon.

A lot of folks are worried that DIRECTV is going to wind down satellite operations. I get this question about ...
    by Published on 07-08-2017 01:09 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Online/MobileTV
    Article Preview

The war between the streaming services means more TV affiliates, movie titles and more for streamers!

When business compete against each other, itís viewers like you and me who are the winners. Itís the same with streaming services. DIRECTV NOW, Hulu, Netflix, and more are all scrambling to provide the best streaming service ...
    by Published on 07-08-2017 12:21 PM
    Article Preview

A rock is certainly a big thing.

What's the next big thing? If I knew that I'd be rich. I don't know, honestly. But I've been watching consumer electronics for a lot of years. Most of the time when I thought something was the next big thing, I was wrong. I was wrong because I didn't take the whole picture into account. I've learned a lot, and while ...
    by Published on 07-07-2017 11:41 AM

Cosplay. It's gone from being a largely unknown form of entertainment to something totally mainstream. It's all about adults who dress up as their favorite characters in public. A generation ago such behavior was relegated to Star Trek conventions but today it seems to be exploding. In fact, it's part of an overall trend where you're seeing toys that are actually made for grownups as collectibles or just for fun. (Note to you all, do not try to find such products by googling "Adult Toys.")

It's hard to know why people in their 30s and 40s, who would have been considered community leaders in the past are dressing up as Captain America and Iron Man. It's hard to know why people who might otherwise live lives as professionals also have smartphone-controlled BB-8s on their desks. But for me I say it's not a bad thing. Whatever brings joy into your life and doesn't hurt other people cannot be a bad thing.

So in that spirit I present this list of all-time best cosplayers, brought to you by ScreenCrush. Sure the list is four years old but darn some of these pictures show real commitment.

Take a look and then come back here and leave a comment.

Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11