Suggest a topic
  • What's Fresh Today RSS Feed

by Published on 05-15-2017 11:59 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Cell Phones
    Article Preview

Some events leave a mark on your consciousness. It may sound silly to you but for me one of those events is the whole mess from about 5 years ago where Sprint, DISH, T-Mobile, Softbank, Clearwire, and a bunch of minor players all jockeyed to decide who bought whom. This blog had just relaunched when all the mess started and we reported on it ...
    by Published on 05-15-2017 11:32 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. TV Antennas

The powerhouse antenna with the funny name is BACK and better than ever! The new Televes DATBOSS MIX UHF/VHF antenna may look familiar but it's been completely revised from last year's model. Every inch (or centimeter since this is European-made) has been reviewed to make sure it is the best design for US television viewing.

The big tech change is the addition of T-Force amplification which uses MMIC circuitry for the cleanest possible results. All of this means that in testing, we saw up to 5dB improvement in unamplified gain and up to 10dB improvement in amplified gain, with a drop in noise figure. That's a lot of technical stuff and if you aren't sure what it means, it should give you better reception than before.

The Televes DATBOSS Mix combines 60-mile range, optional amplifier, and LTE filtering to give you the best possible antenna experience. It's made by Televes, one of the leading antenna manufacturers and recognized worldwide as a leader in technology and quality.

Shop for the DATBOSS Mix today and read our exclusive review!
    by Published on 05-15-2017 10:32 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Cell Phones,
    3. Data/Networks
    Article Preview

Other than, obviously, it keeps me employed. It does seem like a bit of an odd question when you realize that in the last decade, we have all gone from sitting at the PC once a day to check emails to a near-constant addiction to our phones. The internet, it would seem, is not only good for almost everything, it's practically indispensible. Living more than a few days ...
    by Published on 05-14-2017 04:35 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Satellite

Dealing with DIRECTV and DISH is a drag. If you're an independent installer, getting satellite service activated is a pain. Independent guys get left out from all of the special phone numbers, apps, and tools. You're just looking to do a good job for your customer, and satellite providers don't make it easy.

It's even harder if you're outfitting a boat or RV. There's new technology, changes in dish alignment and signals, and you keep hearing about even more changes on the horizon. How can you keep up?

Luckily for you there's someone out there who speaks your language. You do what you do best... get that cable run, the dish aimed, the receivers in place. Then, give Solid Signal a call. Our "Signal Connect" professional division can handle all your activation needs, just like you were one of DIRECTV's own installers. We offer personalized service, not phone trees. We're ready to help you look like a star.

We do more marine and RV activations than anyone and there's one simple reason -- we take care of our customers. We don't leave your high-dollar customer waiting on hold like some average Joe... we give you white glove service so you can give your customer white glove service.

We can take care of you from beginning to end. Let us recommend the right equipment for the job, send you a custom, hand-picked package with everything you need, and then when you're ready to go let us handle the nitpicky details with the satellite provider. We've been doing it over a decade and we can do it for you!

If you're interested in finding out more, give us a call! We're available at 866.726.4182 during business hours all across the country, and we employ 100% made-in-the-US professionals in our Novi, Michigan call center. Forget about dealing with someone half a world away who's never seen a satellite receiver. Our consultants are among the best trained in the whole industry.

It's time you stopped getting frustrated with DIRECTV and DISH and got back to making money the best way you know how. Let us handle the heartbreak... you handle the profit!
    by Published on 05-14-2017 01:34 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. TV Antennas,
    3. Satellite

This one's easy to answer.
    The drip loop is a slack bit of cable that sits lower than the rest. The whole purpose is to let water pile up at the bottom and drip off. If your cables were tight, water from outside could travel down the wire and get straight into an outlet or onto your electronic devices. If water were to get into an outlet, it could start a fire (ironic, right) by making sparks along the wet areas.

Drip loops and ground blocks are the two easiest ways to make sure that your home is protected. They may not look very attractive but they do their jobs well. Every installation should have a proper drip loop so that water doesn't travel where it shouldn't. Even if you live in a dry climate, it's going to rain sometime. You need that drip loop.
    by Published on 05-13-2017 11:07 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Data/Networks
    Article Preview

You hear a lot about Wi-Fi today. The reason is remarkably simple: most people's Wi-Fi is awful. Considering that it's something on which we all depend, our homes and offices are full of Wi-Fi gaps and holes. It's possible -- even likely -- that in the future we'll all just rely completely on 5G internet but until that day comes we'll ...
    by Published on 05-13-2017 10:31 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Online/MobileTV
    Article Preview

I believe fewer people would stream their local TV channels if they knew that a TV antenna offers better viewing.

Streamers love to stream. Itís in our blood. We love having the power of watching what we want, when we want, and with the ability to zip through commercials when the need arises. This love of streaming can be taken to extremes (exstreams?) though, especially ...
    by Published on 05-12-2017 05:13 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Satellite
    Article Preview

DIRECTV's new Genie 2 DVR is the answer to the hopes and dreams of a lot of people, but if you're a true power user, it may not be the best thing for you.

That's right, most people will love the idea that you can record 400 hours of HD, that one box can service 7 rooms including two 4K TVs, that ...
    by Published on 05-12-2017 01:29 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. TV Antennas

High Power. Long Range. Massive Size. When we introduced Televes antennas last year, we weren't prepared for the massive demand for the most gigantic member of the family. Now, it's been fully improved and refined, and we're ready to go.

Check out this new DATBOSS Mix LR from Televes. You might be forgiven for thinking it looks an awful lot like the previous generation, but it's been refined inside and out to give it even more totally blistering reception power. Not only that, the plastic that used to be white is now grey, but that doesn't make much of a difference. What's more important is that it now includes the powerful T-Force amplification system that produces more power and cleaner amplification.

The whole antenna itself has received a once-over and gets up to 10dB more gain even when unamplified, and the built-in amplfiier is so clean and so powerful that even at 70 miles away the auto-gain-control kicked in and limited the power of some received signals.

The new DATBOSS Mix LR is available NOW at Solid Signal, but before you check it out... read our review of the DATBOSS Mix LR , which gives all the details. If you need UHF and VHF performance in an antenna that will pick up even the most distant signals, check out the new DATBOSS Mix LR!
    by Published on 05-12-2017 11:38 AM

There are two words that are probably more fun to say than 99.9% of other words in the English language. What are they?

I'm Batman.

There is hardly any time when it is inappropriate to say those two words. I'm thinking they would be out of place at funerals and other times of severe sorrow, but otherwise, game on.

Someone with too much time on his hands assembles what claims to be the ultimate "I'm Batman" compilation. Personally I have my doubts, and to fill four minutes the author strayed a little bit from people saying "I'm Batman," which diminishes it a bit in my opinion.

But none of that matters. I can guarantee with almost metaphysical certitude that at some point in the next 12 hours, even if you don't watch the video above, and even if it's only in a room all by yourself, you will say in a rough and gravelly voice, "I'm Batman." Such is the power of those two words.

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9