Suggest a topic
  • Televes DATBOSS Mix LR now in stock at Solid Signal!

High Power. Long Range. Massive Size. When we introduced Televes antennas last year, we weren't prepared for the massive demand for the most gigantic member of the family. Now, it's been fully improved and refined, and we're ready to go.

Check out this new DATBOSS Mix LR from Televes. You might be forgiven for thinking it looks an awful lot like the previous generation, but it's been refined inside and out to give it even more totally blistering reception power. Not only that, the plastic that used to be white is now grey, but that doesn't make much of a difference. What's more important is that it now includes the powerful T-Force amplification system that produces more power and cleaner amplification.

The whole antenna itself has received a once-over and gets up to 10dB more gain even when unamplified, and the built-in amplfiier is so clean and so powerful that even at 70 miles away the auto-gain-control kicked in and limited the power of some received signals.

The new DATBOSS Mix LR is available NOW at Solid Signal, but before you check it out... read our review of the DATBOSS Mix LR , which gives all the details. If you need UHF and VHF performance in an antenna that will pick up even the most distant signals, check out the new DATBOSS Mix LR!

Like what you've read? Register and leave a comment...
    Already registered here? Type away!
    Comments 5 Comments
      dsiebert -
      Given their size in the vertical dimension, if I put the DATBOSS LR and DATBOSS LR Mix on the same mast, how far apart would they need to be, measured from the attachment points on the mast?

They'd be pointed about 140-150* apart, and if it helps I could try to minimize interference between them by adding a 600 MHz high pass filter I have on the output from the Mix. The highest channel I need from the Mix is 29, and the two I want to pick up on the UHF-only one are 38 and 41.
      Stuart Sweet -
      At least the full wavelength of the highest frequency you are trying to reach, from the outer edges of the antennas, that's always a good guess.
      dsiebert -
      That would be something like five feet between the bottom edge of the top antenna and top edge of the bottom one! Unfortunately that's not really practical. What happens if they are closer than that? The VHF hi stations are pretty strong, so if having the antennas too close will merely reduce their reception that won't be an issue. Leaving a two foot gap sufficient for UHF frequencies would be doable.
      Televes -
      Quote Originally Posted by dsiebert View Post
      That would be something like five feet between the bottom edge of the top antenna and top edge of the bottom one! Unfortunately that's not really practical. What happens if they are closer than that? The VHF hi stations are pretty strong, so if having the antennas too close will merely reduce their reception that won't be an issue. Leaving a two foot gap sufficient for UHF frequencies would be doable.
      Stuart's answer is correct, but having in mind one antena is mix and the other is not, we can relax the spec considering only UHF, which would yield a 2 feet separation. Less than that is not advisable.
      dsiebert -
      Thanks, I was hoping a smaller separation would work. Getting 3' or so should not be an issue!