• Satellite

by Published on 07-21-2017 03:53 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Satellite
    Article Preview

DIRECTV SWM technology is awesome, but not everyone is ready to upgrade right away. DIRECTV has said that all of their new equipment will be SWM-only, but there are still plenty of available receivers out there that can work without SWM, meaning that they are a great fit for your ...
    by Published on 07-21-2017 11:12 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Satellite

Game of Thrones Season 7. Even if you don't like this show or have never seen it, chance are you're at least marginally aware that the latest season is premiered last weekend on HBO.

Basically every cable and satellite provider in the United States is holding a free preview of all the HBO and Cinemax channels this weekend. They hope you'll get addicted to this and the other quality programming you'll find.

Personally my advice to you is to fill up your DVR with everything you could possibly want from these channels because that content won't disappear after the free preview is over. The preview starts today (Friday) and goes all weekend and that means with ten channels and 48 hours you could be looking at 3 weeks' worth of content even if you watched 24/7. Add on-demand content and that could be another week or two. That's a lot of value from a free preview.

And of course, if you'd like to pay for HBO, I'm sure your cable or satellite provider would appreciate that as well. If you're a DIRECTV or DISH customer, call us at Solid Signal at 877.312.4547 and we'll take care of everything!
    by Published on 07-21-2017 09:09 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Satellite
    Article Preview

If you have a Genie DVR or client, you know that it comes with a new remote. Sure, it's smaller and looks a whole lot different, but it's still a DIRECTV remote, right? It sure is, and it can be used to control older equipment in IR mode. (It's also available here.) However, it can't be used for RF, ...
    by Published on 07-20-2017 11:52 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Commercial,
    3. Satellite
    Article Preview

How can it be cheaper to put DIRECTV into your business? It may not make any sense, but putting in a DIRECTV private viewing account for business can actually be the cheapest way to give your employees access to entertainment programming.

A lot of people think ...
    by Published on 07-20-2017 08:13 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Satellite
    Article Preview

No question about it... we're huge fans of the tiny Genie Mini Clients. They're perfect for guest rooms, bedrooms... anywhere you want true DVR functionality without size and noise. They're wired and wireless, whichever you need, and ...
    by Published on 07-19-2017 10:26 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Satellite

One of our competitors is selling an indoor antenna that is about the size of your window. They're calling it the most powerful flat antenna ever.

Yeah, it probably is, if you want to cover your whole window with an antenna. I mean seriously, it blocks out the light from the whole window. I am not kidding.

But yes, it's a flat antenna and it probably is the most powerful one ever, because it's just so big. With antennas, size matters. Sure, smaller antennas can make up for some of their problems with super-clean amplifiers and smart design, but there's no substitute for good old length when it comes to an antenna element. An antenna that is twice as long will pull in twice as much signal and that means it's going to do a great job pulling in those weak channels. An amplifier can't amplify a signal if it doesn't come in at all, and a smaller antenna just might not pull in those weaker signals, period.

Personally I would rather use a more conventional antenna like the Xtreme Signal HDB4X inside if I couldn't mount it outside. OK, it's not flat. But it doesn't block out the light either. And it does meet most HOA requirements so if you have even a small patio or ledge that it can go on, it will work outside where that flat antenna will just flop around.

At Solid Signal we are not developing a competing antenna to that gigantic one that covers your whole window, because we just don't believe people want it. Simple as that.
    by Published on 07-19-2017 09:43 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Satellite,
    3. Data/Networks
    Article Preview

One of the stranger things that shows up when you do an image search for "hub"

"Hub." For some reason it's one of those terms that won't go away. The term was used in the 1980s and 1990s for networking equipment, and lately DISH has been using it for the nodes that connect their Hopper systems. ...
    Page 1 of 404 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast