Thread: Yet another antenna recommendation request

Yet another antenna recommendation request

New here, thank you for reading.

I've got a place in rural central Wisconsin where I want to replace satellite with OTA reception. Included are the TVFool results. How should I best proceed?

Thanks again in advance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Radar-All.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	948

For the best results, I'd use two of these: Televes DAT790 LR Mix UHF VHF Long Range Antenna (149881) from Solid Signal

We will have some new Televes mast mounted amplifiers that will combine two of those effectively, in a few months, but for now I'd combine them with a cheap splitter that passes power like this: Pico Digital 1GHz 80dB EMI MATV 2 Port Power Passing Splitter (DSU2P) from Solid Signal

So your thinking is that the integrated amplifiers (if I'm reading the product description correctly) in those antennas would be sufficient for now?

Unless you are using very long runs from the antenna to the house, the integrated amps should be fine for the moment. The new Televes mast amps will have some features you may want to consider if you're having reception problems, but if you get everything working with a plain old splitter/combiner then why mess around?